Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Going back to Ipoh to sweep ancestors' tombs

Mother has just called to fix this coming Saturday (22 March) for our family's Qingming Day. So, my younger brother and myself have to go back to Ipoh to pay respect and express gratitude to our dear father, and also great grandparents, grandparents as well as their childless friends and neighbours who died in our hometown as revolutionaries in exile, refugees of wars or indentured labourers or coolies from Old China. But, I have first to get a plumber to repair the washrooms in my house, clean up the reading room and bring my wife for a movie. By the way, the new and only email address of this blogger from now on is jameswongwingon@gmail.com and both my computer setup and human faculty read writings in Bahasa Malaysia, Chinese and English.

'Creationism' in old Chinese New Year legend

2 Comments:

Blogger Aidi Rahimi Ibrahim said...

Mr James, selamat balik kampung.
I miss Ipoh's historical sites
and limau bali.
Have a nice trip.

11:24 PM  
Blogger James Wong Wing-On said...

thank you. in older (and more ignorant) days, "balik kampung" was a racist slogan used against the malays but it is now a well-wishing greeting for all races to say "selamat balik kampung". yes, we are all changing for the better. Three cheers for tanahair kita Malaysia !

11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home