Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Claude Fenner in Ah Hai' s prersonal memory

Ah Hai actually knew Sir Claude Fenner, the first Inspector-General of Police of "independent" Malaya from 1958 to 1966, quite well, both as a colonial police officer who tried to locate and detain him in the late 1930s as a "subversive", and also an ally in the last stage of the Anti-Fascist War in Negeri Sembilan where Ah Hai led the guerrilla forces, formed and operated by the Communist Party of Malaya (CPM) which was the only party that chose to stay behind with the people and also patriots of all races to fight the occupiers from the beginning to end.

Poor migrant boy with self-betterment spirit

1 Comments:

Blogger nickfenner said...

Hi,

I have just discovered Sir Claude Fenner is my great uncle. I am travelling to Malaysia in July and would love to learn more about my family history.

I am going mainly to Sepilok area but would be keen to visit anywhere of particular relevance to my family either Sir Claude or my grandfather.

Many thanks,

Nick Fenner

Nickfenner@yahoo.co.uk

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home