Sunday, October 29, 2006

I am so sorry but there is really no conspiracy

Last night, the lastest entry in my blog tentatively titled Pro-Mahathir alternative media's achievement disappeared from public view after I tried to fix my blogging system. I do not know how best to describe the problem as I am never an expert in IT but I did call up sifu Jeff Ooi to explain it to him as best as I could hoping he could help me to solve the problem. So, there is no conspiracy whatsoever. If anyone such as the SBs had somehow downloaded the entry which appeared for a few hours, it would be very kind of him or her to email me back so that I could upload it again. Thank you very much in anticipation.

2 Comments:

Blogger ChiaKC said...

I can still track back through my firefox history link.

http://jameswongwingon-online.blogspot.com/2006/10/pro-mahathir-alternative-medias.html

Saturday, October 28, 2006
Pro-Mahathir alternative media's achievement
After publishing ex-PM Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamad's latest statement in full, the New Straits Times also adds a line at the end which says: "This unedited statement was downloaded from the Internet".

Very obviously, the line is intended to boost the mainstream newspaper's credibility.

In other words, the New Straits Times, the once authoritative mouthpiece of the government of the day, has now to acknowledge the long denied new reality that there may be something true and factual in Malaysia's alternative media which it has to cite, quote or reproduce in toto to look and sound credible in the increasingly competative public space of information and ideas.

It would even be more honest next time if the exact names and URLs of the websites of the alternative media which first pubished Tun's statement are public acknowledged.

Let us also not forget it was Dr. Mahathir Mohamad, not Abdullah or Kalimullah or Brendan, who first launched and built the Multimedia Super Corridor (MSC) and proclaimed the Bill of Guarantees in 1995.

posted by James Wong Wing On at 5:54 PM

2:44 AM  
Blogger James Wong Wing-On said...

thank you very much indeed.

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home