Thursday, January 17, 2008

Thaipusam's best wishes from James & family

My friend Beng Ching's elder brother Beng Heng called just now and asked whether I would join him to break coconuts with Hindu and other Chinese friends during the forthcoming Thaipusam as we used to do in the late 70s in front of the Majestic or Dahua Cinema on old Chamberlain Road in Ipoh while watching the procession of colourful and musical chariots. Well, I cannot commit myself at the moment because I may have some other appointments but allow my family and me now to wish all our Hindu and 'Chindu' relatives, neighbours, friends and teachers a spiritually very fulfilling Festival of Penance.

4 masterpieces of classical Chinese literature

1 Comments:

Blogger Monsterball said...

Happy Thaipusam....Vel...Vel..

When I was a kid, the Thaipusam procession in Penang passed right in front of my parent's home every year. The procession was always fascinating , a bit frightening with all the devotees skewered with Kavadis.

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home