Thursday, May 22, 2008

Farewell to friend, ex-CJ Anuar Zainal Abidin

My wife Po Chin and myself would like to extend our very deep condolence to the family of Tan Sri Anuar Zainal Abidin, a former Chief Justice (CJ) of Malaya, who passed away on May 18 (Sunday) at 76. I remember Tan Sri Anuar fairly clearly as a very amicable, knowledgeable and also broadminded character who participated with me and many others in the The 4th Informal ASEM Seminar on Human Rights held in Jakarta City on 12-13 July, 2001.

We remember Tan Sri Anuar, then a Suhakam Commisioner, staying in the same hotel, sharing meals, touring in and around Jakarta for sightseeing and also enjoying keroncong Bengawan Solo as well as a stage performance of Ramayana with us and many friends from other countries. My love for otak-otak or Indonesian/Malay-style fish paste did not escape his discerning eyes. Most important of all, I remember him as a fair-minded person with integrity. Rest in peace, Yang Arif.

Rustam Sani' s books launched with memorial

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home