Saturday, October 21, 2006

Said Zahari's HR Open House on 29 Oct (Sun)

Pak Said has been out of the hospital since Thursday and when I called him in his house just now, I found his voice very spirited.Of course, he, being an old and true friend of New China even in the 1950s and 1960s when it was not prudent in Malaya/Malaysia and Singapore to be so, asked me many questions about my recent trip there. I reported to him as truthfully as possible what I saw, heard and felt during my trip to Guangzhou.

As a matter of fact, I have always been telling younger, richer and more educated friends in China that they must never forget the many trials and tribulations of old and true friends of New China like Pak Said who had sacrificed so much personally for solidaritising with the struggle of their grandparents and parents for a new nation and progressive society.

Meanwhile, my Mandarin-speaking neighbour and former editor-in-chief of Utusan Melayu has also asked me to extend on his behalf invitation to all friends and neighbours of all stations of life, races and religions/belief-systems, young and old, to share the joy of Hari Raya Aidilfitri in his open house at No. 28, Jalan USJ 11/2A, 47630 Subang Jaya, on 29 October (Sun) from 11.30 a.m to 3.30 p.m.

Radio Antarabangsa China
http://my.chinabroadcast.cn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home