Friday, August 01, 2008

Stamp collecting as a mind-broadening hobby

Collecting used stamps was a hobby I shared with my dear father and siblings. We obtained many used stamps from overseas countries like Australia, Britain, Canada, China, New Zealand and the United States through postal correspondences with pen friends and family relatives. Uncle Krisnan and Uncle Raju also contributed some items from India to our collection, a portion of which is still being kept and preserved by me. In those years, collecting stamps served to broaden our minds and stirred our interests in foreign lands, peoples as well as cultures.

1 Comments:

Blogger James Wong Wing-On said...

p/s: I wish to thank Ah Mei who so artistically scanned this piece of my stamp collection and uploaded it into my pen drive.

1:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home