Sunday, December 18, 2005

Being guest of my ex-boss

Last Saturday evening (17 Dec), my wife and I were invited by Sin Chew Jit Poh to attend its Floral Trail International Literary Awards at the Auditorium of the Securities Commission in Bukit Kiara. The invitation card was issued in the name of my ex-boss Tan Sri Tiong Hiew King.

Because I arrived late, I was not able to meet him up to greet him but I did meet my Chinese journalism sifu C.C. Liew and my former patron Ms. NC Siew who is now the Group Editor-in-Chief of the Sin Chew Group of Publications. Together, we did many interviews with important people before in the late 1990s like former US embasador to Malaysia John Malott, ex-IGP Tan Sri Rahim Noor and CPM secretary-general Chin Peng. I was also sent to the Philippines, Thailand, Oman and the United States by them to write something that could broaden the minds of the readers in this multicultural world.