Saturday, December 17, 2005

A VIP invitation from Parti KeADILan Rakyat


Yesterday, I received a VIP invitation from the Parti KeADILan Rakyat (PKR) to attend the official opening of its 2005 Congress to be held on 23 December in the Grand Ball Room of Hotel Istana in Kuala Lumpur. The entire Congress itself will last for three days from 22 to 24 December.

I will certainly attend to meet up young friends like Zunar, Nora, Mei Ling, Raju, Pei Nei, Ginie and Jasmine and as well as veterans like Anwar Ibrahim, Dr. Syed Husin Ali, Ban Ah Kam, Siva Rasah, C.C. Yong and Irene Fernandez again. I was also invited to attend the inaugural congress of the Parti KeADILan Nasional in April 1999 in the Renaissance Hotel in Kuala Lumpur.

Last year, I was invited as the non-partisan and independent chairman of the party's 'Election Commission' to ensure that its election in Ipoh was conducted honestly, fairly and with transparency. That election was the first one after the successful merger of Parti KeADILan Nasional and Parti Rakyat into an organic movement for national reconciliation and solidarity.

The great personal satisfaction I derived from the Ipoh Congress was that the 1,500 Malay-majority delegates and observers could understand what I said in my boleh-tahan Bahasa Malaysia as well as accept and respect my professional and independent authority.

Parti KeADILan Rakyat's Homepage
http://www.keadilanrakyat.org/spm/