Friday, August 11, 2006

Moderating a very fruitful exchange of ideas

Last night, I served as the moderator of an English/Malay seminar held in a Kuala Lumpur hotel on the issue of the Mahathir-Abdullah row. The speakers were Datuk A.Kadir Jasin (right-former Group Editor-in-Chief of the New Straits Times), Mr. P. Gunasegaram (second from right - Group Executive Editor, The Edge) and Mr. Sivarasa Rasiah (left - lawyer, human rights activist and Parti KeADILan Rakyat's vice president).

Before the seminar began, I also had dinner in the hotel's cafe with Guna, Siva, Elizabeth Wong @ Eli (the MC) and Tian Chua (left) who came as an ordinary participant.

I am grateful for the confidence of the speakers had on me as the chair and I also wish to record my ribuan terima kasih to all those who attended for their co-operation to make the seminar a fruitful forum for peaceful exchange of ideas and viewpoints on such a ' hot' topic of domestic current affairs. One or two controllable incidents of emotional outburst from the floor were, to me, minor and biasa-lah.

The function was organised by PJ-based publisher SIRD/Gerakbudaya.

Forum: Dr M does not want to oust Pak Lah
http://www.malaysiakini.com/news/55259

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home