Sunday, May 27, 2007

The other day while I was having a game of chess with Beng Cheng in his jewellry shop, I saw to my pleasant surprise and with a sense of nostalgia that there was still an abacus on the top of the cashier counter. I still remember father taught me in the 1970s - when there was no calculator or computer yet - how to operate it. After learning the method for addition, I gave up for lack of patience but now it seems that the old-fashion abacus - or some modified version of it- is again used by some primary schools and private tuition classes to impart to children the traditional skills of mental arithmatics.

Classical Chinese-style physiotherapy in K.L.

Chinese culture-an Indonesian introspection

Moral progress in culture, arts in New China

2 Comments:

Blogger All Blog Spots said...

sweet blog, keep the good work going :)

1:22 AM  
Blogger James Wong Wing-On said...

thank you for your compliment

7:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home