Wednesday, March 12, 2008

M' sian poll observations in Chinese & English

According to some friends and acquaintances in Singapore, they had already watched the MediaCorp News' English-language interview with me yesterday. The second and final portion of malaysiakini (Chinese edition) video interviews with Tan Ah Chai and myself, as well as the online Chinese-language Merdeka Review's telephone interviews with Anil Netto and me, have also been published just now. At the same time, the Institute of Policy Studies (IPS) of the National University of Singapore (NUS) is sending its research team over soon to explore with me and others on the influences and impacts of information and communication technology (ICT) on the general election in Malaysia. My new and only email address now is jameswongwingon@gmail.com and my setup reads writings in Bahasa Malaysia, Chinese and English.

Dr. Koh Tsu Koon as praiseworthy gentleman

4 Comments:

Blogger Selangor Voter said...

Hi James'

You are one of the most respected DAP's MP's that the people ever had. You have much more depth than Lee Lam Thye. To be honest, you are in a class that is way above Lee Lam Thye. Not only that, you are trilingual and are a true blood Malaysian. I rate Lee Lam Thye as not a legislator but a local councilor nothing more. It is with this respect that I'm writing in your blog about the injustice in Selangor DAP if Teng Chang Khim is not appointed as the Selangor DMB. I hope you can write something about this episode and let the people voice out their opinion. I'm an ordinary Malaysian voter residing in Selangor and is not related to Teng Chang Khim. The only relationship I have with Teng Chang Khim is we were both Johore born. I think he was born in Batu Pahat but I was born in north Johore. Please write something to save DAP and People Power. I also intend to write to both Jeff Ooi and Tony Pua.

8:15 AM  
Blogger James Wong Wing-On said...

Thank you for sharing your thought on the popular subject. By the way, I am definitely much poorer than Sdr. Lee Lam Thye who treated me with respect and care while I served under him (as the acting Opposition Leader and DAP secretary-general when Kit Siang was detained with trial under the ISA) during the the dark period of Operation Lallang at the DAP Headquarters in PJ. Teng Chang Khim,my friend and neighbour, is certainly very good in all language and an experience lawyer as well as three-term Selangor State Assemblyman who is widely respected by all races.

8:31 AM  
Blogger James Wong Wing-On said...

Errata:

" ... when Kit Siang was detained WITHOUT (not with) trial under the ISA".

I am sorry.

8:45 AM  
Blogger Selangor Voter said...

The fact that the foreign media are rushing to you and not Lee Lam Thye for analysis shows that you are in a different class. Please bear in mind I'm not anti-Lee Lam Thye but merely stating facts. You are poorer may be in wealth accumulation but you are filthy rich in other aspects.

8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home