Thursday, May 18, 2006

An evergreen quotable quote from Germany

" When the Nazis came for the Communists, I remained silent; I was not a Communist. When they locked up the Social Democrats, I remained silent; I was not a Social Democrat. When they came for the trade unionists, I did not speak out; I was not a trade unionist. When they came for the Jews, I did not speak out; I was not a Jew. When they came for me, there was no one left to speak out. "

Martin Niemöller
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Niemoeller

1 Comments:

Blogger James Wong Wing-On said...

Thank you. I have read it and taken notes of the important points he has raised. One response from now is that the letter writer seems not to know PKM actually recognises and acknowledges the heoric roles played by people like Maharajarela, Mat Kilau, Datuk Sagor and other in the struggle against British colonlisation. What PKM says is that it is the continuation of that struggle in MODERN TIME. That is my understanding of the PKM's view of Malayan history from reading the memoirs of Abdullah CD, Rashid Maidin, Abu Samah, Suriani Abdullah and Zhang Juao and many other now declassified PKM internal documents and teaching materials.

12:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home