Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Bidding farewell to old friend Rustam A. Sani

Old friend Rustam Sani passed away suddenly early this morning and Hishamuudin Rais, Amir Muhammad, Sharaad Kuttan and me, among many other people of all races, went to his house to bid him farewell. I certainly remember Rustam not only as a cherished personal friend but also an esteemed public teacher who has, through his writings in the public domain and private exchanges of ideas, truly enriched my understanding of the progressive stream of modern, rakyat-centered and inclusive Malay nationalism, which contributed so much through blood and tear to the multi-ethnic anti-colonial struggle for Merdeka. My family and I would like to extend our deepest condolences to Sdr. Rustam's wife, Rohani as well as their children Azrani and Ariani and grandaughter, Arissa. Rest in peace, our beloved friend and teacher.

Anwar Ibrahim to launch Rustam Sani' s books

1 Comments:

Blogger Monsterball said...

A real towering Malaysian.

My condolences to his family.

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home