Sunday, February 10, 2008

Indian gratitude to HINDRAF very widespread

This morning, some Indian friends and their very cute children from Kuala Lumpur visited my house in Subang Jaya for Bai Nian, and while the adults enjoyed my Pu'er tea, children were certainly delighted by Uncle Wong's Hong Bau. In our chats, I discovered that the gratitute expressed by the Indian community for HINDRAF's struggle is genuine and widespread because I also sensed similar sentiment when, among many other occasions, I paid a visit to the 80-year old Uncle Krishnan and his family in Ipoh's Buntong a day before the Chinese New Year. Despite some minor disagreements with HINDRAF's tactics, I do share the views that it is playing a truly historic role in conscientising the Indian masses for a collective self-reaffirmation as modern citizens.

Indian martyrdoms for Malaya' s independence

Old Ipoh honours D.R. Seenevasagam' s legacy

Cheers for Dr. Rajakumar's good health, spirit

2 Comments:

Blogger light of my way said...

what a beautiful pic...

9:43 PM  
Blogger Monsterball said...

Hindraf has been like an H-Bomb to some Barisan circles. In a number of marginal seats, Indian voters may well hold the balance. In the past they have been the most reliable BN contituency - may not be true any more.

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home